In the last 36 hours, I have done the following:
- Walked into a pile of boxes that a colleague absent-mindedly left in the path of the light switch. Think papercuts are bad? Try a cardboard scratch across the shin.
- Lost the iPod Nano that, despite the damaged screen, was my favourite hand-me-down EVER.
- Dropped a glass of cherry juice in such a way that when the bottom hit the floor, it didn’t break – it acted like a water cannon shooting juice over the floor and walls. I was at the entrance to the hallway, so the juice had a wide open path to splatter.
- Broke an earring while mopping up the spill. Suddenly it fell out of my ear, and the stone broke off when it hit the floor.
- Turned on the laptop (this new one) and couldn’t get it to start until the fourth “fix” attempt.
As I was waiting for the reboot, I shuffled some books around and discovered two unmailed bills. Overdue, of course.
I’m going to be very, very careful the next 24 hours!